CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

1st Place, $7, and One Crazy Sister

Last Thursday I had my 3rd swim meet. We swam against Holiday Pool. I am so excited because I got 1st place in all my events. I competed in the IM, backstroke and breaststroke. Even my freestyle relay team and medley relay team got 1st. I feel like it's the best I've swam so far this year. That's such a good feeling!

Today, I started something new. I've been wanting to earn extra money to buy a new Webkinz. So my mom gave me a list of 7 things to do each day. If I do everything every day, I will get $7 on Saturday. I can't wait!!!

One of the things I have to do each day is read a chapter in my Bible. I'm starting in the book of Mark. So I thought it would be a good idea to write down what I liked most about each chapter.

Mark chapter 1:

Something that was interesting to me was when Jesus cast out an evil spirit from a man. It says the man shook violently and the spirit came out. I thought that was really cool.

One of my favorite parts was when Jesus was baptized and the heavens opened up. I wonder if other people saw heaven open up too. That would be really cool to see.

It was pretty cool towards the end of the chapter, when people brought lots of sick people to see Jesus because they wanted to be healed. And Jesus healed all of them. It showed me how much Jesus really loves people and cares about us when we're hurting.

That's all for now! I'll leave you with this crazy picture of my little sister:
This is her way of putting on lipstick! She thinks she looks really pretty this way.

3 comments:

Ona said...

That's great Sarah. I can take a lesson from you and start reading my bible. Great job coming in first place in all your events.

LizzyG said...

That Olivia is definitely one crazy little girl!

And I'm so proud of you for writing about what your reading in Mark. I hope you write a little something each day.

Can't wait to read more!

Mayla1 said...

My mom and I think Livy looks really cute! My mom started laughing when she saw this picture! Great job on first and, keep reading your bible!